Those wishing to donate may send checks to the Grafton Historical Society, noting on the check that it is for the Brick Meeting House.
Brick Meeting House Renovation News
September 2017 - 2020
- Staging erected in the body of the building
- Ceiling colors chosen in consultation with Mr. Martin Zeiser, master painter
- Sheetrock installed over complete ceiling
- Trompe l'oeil restoration in memory of Kay Gunther
- Painting of the ceiling began in January 2018
- BELL repair by Jan Lewandowski, an expert in restorations and historic building
- The support structure , which weighs several thousand pounds, underwent significant reconstruction and reinforcement.
- This required an 80' lift and several weeks of labor. The estimated cost was $15,800. Monies were raised by the Fisher family.
- The bell is brass and made by the McShane Bell Foundry of Glen Burnie, MD, established in 1836 and still operating today.
- Newly painted ceiling is complete 2018
- Walls painted is complete 2019
- Handicap door and ramp complete 2019
- Storm window installation 2020
- Project completed 2021
- Events being planned